I love what I do! Video storytelling, anticipating breaking action, capturing emotion and understanding the human psyche are expert tools of my craft. I've shot, directed and interviewed anyone from go-go dancers, beauty queens, teens, celebrities and athletes.
A successful background in Fine Arts exhibitioning and Dance/Performance choreography, I launched my career as a camera operator in 2001during my Master's degree program. I started with assisting in commercials and grew steadily in corporate video, event documentation and video art installation exhibitioning until 2006, when I entered the entertainment industry. Since then, I've shot, cast, directed and field produced for several hit shows, episodes and online shows for networks such as, MTV, BET, Food Network, VH-1, GSN, Fox News, NBC, CBS, Nat Geo, Spike TV, etc... Today, I also work as an influential travel blogger producing travel stories for a weekly YouTube channel, GRRRL TRAVELER.
I've operated anything from DSLR to pedestal cameras. I shoot cinema verite and personally connect with my subjects through movement, story and dance.
National Geographic shoot 'Unlikely Animal Friends'
Creative Background: Read Artist bio .
School of Visual Arts- MFA degree with a focus in Video & Interactivity
University of Southern California- BA in Fine Arts
AWARD & HONORS
- Video works screened in festivals at New York City (at BAM,
Engine 27, Remote Lounge), Antwerp, Ghent, Argentina, Manchester, London, Antwerp, and Chicago.
- Recognized as"One of the New Leonardos in presentation of the New York Digital Salon 2003," for her MFACA thesis, an interactive video installation, The Listening Pillow.
- Guest speaker/ artist residence in Die High School, France
- Alumnist Jury panelist for the MFACA Scholarships at School of Visual Arts.
- Hawaii State Dance Council award recipient for choreography 2000
- Dancer with Iona Dance Theater (3 seasons)
-1989 NCAA Division III National Championships in Collegiate Women's Volleyball
Jonas Brothers concert in Hawaii.
Positions I've held in Broadcast
Over 10 years in video and broadcast production. I shoot, produce and continue to assist other crew in the field.
Television/Commercial Actress (SAG-AFTRA)